Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Suprise!


Last week Jacob turned 30. I wanted to do something really special for him, but I did not plan well. I ended up throwing together a surprise dessert. I am so thankful for all the friends and family that was able to share with us.
The cake was pretty sad too, but for sugar free, it tasted pretty good.


Hannah got to spend some time with her buddy Riley. They are so cute together. I am so thankful to have Jenni, Joey and Riley close now. It is really great to share with another mommy the ups and downs of motherhood.







All in all this last two weeks have been super busy. Tis the season right..... I really don't want the rest of this Christmas season to fly right by me without enjoying it. I am really going to try to make the time to S L O W down and really enjoy these moments that I have with Jacob and Hannah. My family means so much to me, I really am blessed. The other day I sent Jacob a text while he was at work, saying sorry for being a bad wife lately, I have been so busy some days we go almost all day without spending any time together. And his response was so God ordained that it brought me to tears. He said, "every morning I look at you and Hannah while you are sleeping, and I thank God. Because he truly does give good and perfect gifts" That meant so much to me, and to really take the focus off of giving the best Christmas gift, because God has already given us good and perfect gifts, sometimes we just someone to point them out to us.


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

No comments: