Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

I have been such a slacker on Blogging and Facebook these last couple of weeks. But I have been out and about with my lil Hannah more. I have really been cherishing my time with her. We had a couple of park dates, which are great, one to get out of the house, two to talk with other mommies, and three for Hannah to socialize with other kids and build friendships of her own. It has been so much fun watching her interact with different kids, she really responds differently to each one.




Hannah and Drew





I love this little face!
Hannah and Sawyer




We went on a little date of our own to the RSM lake. Hannah just ran around on the grassy area and watched the ducks. I really am so thankful to God for blessing us with Hannah. She really makes my heart melt, and I cannot thank him enough for filling the missing piece in her that was Hannah shaped.
This was random from last Sunday in the truck. She was so happy, I couldn't help but take her picture.



I do wonder what she thinks when she plays. Like the other day, she pushed a toy around in her baby stroller, took it to her "car" (walker) and then pushed around the car, all while babbling in Hannah. I love it. And I am so very Thankful for God's timing in giving us Hannah. I am so very thankful that I get to work from home and be with her all day. I wouldn't trade it for the world.






Gobble Gobble........

This year I hosted Thanksgiving. I should have remembered how much work it is and let someone else offer. But it did turn out really great. I am so very Thankful for the great time I did have with the family. The kids had a great time, we ate entirely too much food and I worried about if the house was clean enough... which nobody even seemed to notice. I am very Thankful for the family that I have. I was not able to be with my own family, but God gave me a great second family. Jacobs family really is a blessing to be around. I love that even when the kitchen flooded and the turkey was "undercooked, but really just cooked" there was no freak outs. It is so different from my family. There really is no stress, but me. I really don't want to be a stress bucket anymore either. And the one BIG thing that God was sharing with me this Thanksgiving was a small verse that is before one of my favorite Thanksgiving verses that I guess I have overlooked so many times before:

1 Thessalonians 5:14-17

And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be PATIENT with EVERYONE. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.


I especially know that God has given this to me because I think he was using my husband to strengthen me in this. Honey, I love you! And I love that our only family pic this year on Thanksgiving, You are eating Hannah's hair, she is crying and I never did my hair. I love my crazy life, it is truly a blend of challenge and fun.

All in all, I am going to try to spend more time counting my blessings, and being Thankful in everything, working on my patients. I love my God, my family.....everything else is just a bonus. I am so thankful that I don't need money to be happy. You cannot buy this moment of a tired little girl falling asleep like this in her bed today, kissing her toes.

No comments: