Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Hannah


And two became three.


One year ago, I started one of the best adventures of my life. I became a mother. After years of waiting for God's timing, And months of growing, and hours of labor and pushing. November 6, 2009 Hannah Grace Masciave was born. I can truly appreciate how wonderfully we are made. Even after being born, Hannah was not alive. She was not breathing when she was born. God truly breathed life into her, and she became alive. And has not stopped since. I am so thankful for her everyday, and cannot imagine life without her. She made me a Mom, and a better person. This seriously has been the fastest year of my life. It was also the best.... so far. I cannot wait to see how you grow in the next year. I love you so much.


I love you when you are sleeping, holding your blankie so tightly. I love you when you are taking all of the towels out of the closet because you are "helping" mommy. I love you when you are "reading" your books, and you talk in "hannah". I love you when you drop a toy and you Ut (Ut Oh). I love you when you push all the toys and laundry baskets to one side of the room. I love you when you walk as fast as you can to meet me on the other side of the room for a kiss. I love you when you need to comfort you. I love you every minute of the day, and even before I knew you. I thank God for entrusting me as your mommy and giving you to me.


Hannah had a great time at her party. She loved opening presents more than I thought she would. She had lots of help from Violet.
Papa Tim got her, her first bike. She loved it and was hamming it up for pictures. She has been pushing the bike around our house. I love it! It reminds me of my bike. I can't wait for her to ride it. She will be the Sky Princess.
Hannah wasn't a huge fan of my cake. But that is ok, less sugar and no tummy ache is ok in my book. I did enjoy making it for her, even with the first cake flipping over in the oven and burning my arm.....she is so worth it.
I am so thankful that the family was able to come out for the Birthday. It really means a lot to me that they would come so far to celebrate Hannah with us.
more pictures of the peoples we love.

she just loves books so much.
We decided to go to breakfast to celebrate as a family before the party. It was so perfect to have that hour of family time before the chaos began of setting up a party. Hannah really seemed to enjoy it too. She loves eating pancakes!


B.F.F.

Hannah and Karli will always be BFF. Even a state and six hours cannot separate them. I love that when they saw each other after two weeks apart, they started playing and smiling. They truly love one another. I am so thankful that at such an early age in this crazy world, they will have each other. To share the happy times and the tears. To encourage and sharpen.

I have often thought about the miscarriages that I have had. What was I suppose to learn, or why did I have them..... I can now appreciate that it might not have been just for me. But if I would have had Hannah 3 years ago, she would not such a great friend Karli, and I her mom Lauren. What a great season, appointed by God.
Happy First Birthday!

1 comment:

Lauren Smart said...

Beth I feel the same way! Karli was not on our radar. But I know that God brought her into this world at the time He did, not only to bless me with such an amazing friend as you, but to bless Karli. I am soooooooo thankful to God for his timing! It truly was prefect. Seeing them together was so sweet! I can't wait to see you guys in December!