Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Honor Thy Husband

I love The Home Experience! Seriously the Lord has been showing me so many principles to live by through the book and the scripture that is in it. Here is what I am learning and living.



My Husband, Jacob Masciave, my gift from God.

Serving:
Often we serve our children and train our husbands, Instead we should train our children and serve our husbands. --- this principle really hit home to me. I was raised in a home with a single mom. My parents were married but divorced when I was really little. I do desire to serve my husband. I have been doing really practical things for Jacob these last couple of weeks, like making his lunch for the next day, and getting the coffee pot ready the night before. I have also been trying to keep up on the house so that it is a comfortable place for him to come home. I don't want him to come home from work and feel stressed out at home, with his family. I am still in the early stages with Hannah, but with another one on the way (baby "Noah") I want her to learn to serve with a joyful heart, and that Mommy does it out of love, not with a bad attitude. She is so sweet, she already is learning, she loves to help with what she can. She helps unload the bottom shelf of the dishwasher (gotta love Corral, they really never break) and putting away laundry with me).

His Helper:
I was created to be his helpmate. He was not created to be mine.----- So simple, yet so hard to swallow. This was the way that God intended it be.
Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said,"It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him"
Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
I have really been trying to be a good helper to Jacob. It is not always easy, when my tired pregnant body just wants to sit and not make dinner. But God has really been doing great stuff in my heart and even when I don't want to do something he gives me energy to do it. And our Marriage is so reaping the reward.

There is so much more that I am learning and I just finished the first section. Part of me just wants to read as much as possible, but I really want to practice what I am learning. I want to have it make a difference in my life. And the slower I go, the bigger I am seeing the differences.

Here is what I am seeing so far:

A clean house- I used to just try to clean once a week or so, but doing the little stuff daily has taken off so much pressure. I love going to sleep at the end of the day with the dishes done and the laundry put away. It has also encouraged Jacob to put his laundry in the hamper and rinse the dishes when he is done with them.

Friendships- I love being busy, but I now feel that I am investing in the Friendships/ Relationships that I have. Instead of chasing down someone that is too busy for me, I am taking advantage of the ones that are here, now. And the time seems to be blossoming.

Quiet Time- Oh this is my favorite. I am challenging myself to get up early everyday to spend that time with my Maker in the morning. It has been so incredibly rewarding. Even the mornings that I just don't want to get up, some how I do. I feel like I am seeing parts of the Bible in a whole new light. And the encouragement from my Husband has been so amazing too. He has been making my coffee in the morning, and leaving a love note/ word of encouragement for me. I just love waking up and getting that love back from my husband, and then my Maker. The Lord has been so faithful.

Mommy- With everything that I am doing around the house, you would think that I am just cleaning or out with friends all day long. Not true. I am not sure how, but after getting into my new routine of things, I have found I have so much free time! I am spending a lot more time at home with Hannah. I really want her to see how a house runs, and we have lots of playtime together too. I, by only the Grace of God and the Holy Spirit, have had so much patients for her. She has been teething like crazy, and was sick for two weeks straight, and not sleeping (both nap time and overnight). But God is so good, he has been giving me everything I need at that moment so I can keep it together. I have been praying a ton more too! Both for her, and myself in those moments.

And my Husband! He is amazing. I love seeing that God is doing such great work in his heart. You would think after being married almost 7 years and together 11 years, we would totally know each other by now and have it all figured out. NOPE. But that is ok, I love being on this adventure with him, especially when I know who is steering our ship :)

So YES, I do recommend this book to everyone. Be inspired. Do something.

No comments: