Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm back.....maybe

Well, after looking at my blog, I am not a very good blogger. It looks like I only update it once a year or so. I will try to work on that.

In a nutshell..... this last year has truly been the best year of my life! I am a mommy! And love every second of it. Hannah Grace Masciave was born last November 6th at 8:59pm. It was a rough pregnancy with lots of medication and bed-rest, and an even harder delivery, (she was sunny side up, with the cord around her neck twice). After lots of work from the amazing doctors and nursing at Mission Hospital she was breathing on her own and thankfully did not have to go to ICU. It took a while to get used to, and try to figure out this whole mom thing. But 10 months later here we are, we are surviving and I think doing pretty good. She is just so amazing, she has such a little personality, a perfect blend of Jacob and I. I love seeing what she is going to learn or do, everyday it is something new. She is now crawling and attempting to walk, she has already taken two steps on two separate occasions. Jacob love it too, he is such an amazing daddy! It is the highlight of my day when he gets home from work and rushes to give her kisses and plays with her. I am so fortunate to work from home full time. It is sometimes hard to find time to do everything in one day, but I just get up early and utilize nap time for work time. So that is us in the last year.

More recently, I am so excited to get back into the fall routine. It is my favorite time of the year. I can't wait for temperatures to cool back down, and start burning candles and having hot tea. It makes me want to bake and decorate too. Awww... I can't wait!

Life groups start soon, which has been such a great adventure. I love seeing what God is doing in the lives of others. It is so unique to come along together and encourage each other outside of the "church", but to just be one as a body. I have been desiring to be more kingdom minded lately. In this time of the new season, it has truly been unlike any other, Jacob and I have been stretched, in our marriage, finances, and with work, not to mention the whole parenthood thing. But the only way to grow is to be stretched, so I am praying for some enormous growth.

Well here is a taste.... hopefully I will keep up on this.... but we'll see.


No comments: